- List different types of pasta. This song mentions some. Collect pasta and arrange it into a picture. Paint then lacquer to keep.
- What are the ingredients in pasta? Which nationality gave us pasta?
- Many peoples use flour and water in some way as a staple food. List other foods using these ingredients or similar.
- Discuss the waves of immigration to Australia and the foods each culture bought. Talk about the German settlement in South Australia and the Chinese coming for the Gold Rush.
- What is a "Hills Hoist?" Who invented it? (Lance Hill, 1945 in Glenunga, a suburb of Adelaide.) Look up the meaning of "hoist"
- Have the class draw up a graph showing how they dry clothes at their place
- List other things which are peculiarly Australian, e.g. vegemite, Granny Smith apples, Holden cars. Who invented these?