- Teach song without putting in chorus of (prawns, snags, chops) so that note is held, then add a small group to be chorus (prawns, snags, chops) a la Supremes
- Work out action/drama/movement/ for this part
- Act out the whole song in mime or have part of class sing while some children act it out
- Try shadow play
- Write/ paint about barbecue
- Brainstorm other foods for the barbecue except (prawns, snags and chops). Have a word bank. Try singing it with other foods
- Change all the nouns in the song e.g. come to Miranda Fair and come to the picture show etc.