- This song is a tongue-twister. Find other tongue twisters to practice.
- Make a list of your favourite shops.
- Make a list of shops you hate to enter.
- Have a brainstorm session of items usually on Mum or Dad’s shopping list.
- Write a story startling. “I hate shopping because…” or
“I love shopping because…” or
“If I had $200 my shopping list would include…”
- Research. What was shopping like in your Grandmother or Grandfather’s childhood? Make up suitable questions and interview her/him. If anyone has a great-grandmother or great-grandfather, interview her/him.
- Discuss/ write about shopping in the future. Pick a date like 3014 and pretend you are going shopping. Do you physically have to be there? What would be on your list? Do you still need money?